- How to register and integrate your website with Growmatik
- Getting started
- Account page
- Site settings
- Growmatik Analytics
- Automation - Source Condition
- Automation - Location Condition
- Automation - Device Condition
- Automation Condition - Page Visit
- Automation - User Behavior Condition
- Automation - Date Condition
- Automation Condition - Segment
- Automation - All Users Condition
- Automation Actions - Send Email
- Automation Actions - Show Page
- Automation Actions - Show Pop-up
- Automation Actions - Personalize
- Customer Journey
- Email builder
- Popup builder
- Website Personalizer
- How to migrate from Odise to Growmatik
- Integration Troubleshooting
- Integration - WP Fusion
- Integration - WPForms
- Integration - Elementor Pro
- Integration - Gravity Forms
- White labeling emails
- Builders - Dynamic Keywords
- Configuring caching plugins
- Email warm up scheme
Integration - WPForms
In this article, you’ll learn how to create a form using WPForms and map it to Growmatik. In addition, you’ll learn how to filter contacts based on WPForms and create user segments for them. We’ll cover the following topics:
- What is WPForms?
- Plugin Integration
- Creating/Mapping a form using WPForms plugin
- Filtering submitted form data in Growmatik
- Creating user segments for submitted form data
- Automating segments for WPForms users
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a popular WordPress contact form plugin that allows you to build different types of forms for your website.
Integration is a process that combines different software components to work as a part of a unified system, thus enhancing software functionality. WPForms integration makes it possible to automatically map form attributes to Growmatik. It also creates new contacts in the Growmatik People section when a subscriber registers on your website using WPForms.
Creating/Mapping a form using WPForms plugin
1. Download, install and activate your preferred edition (Lite or Premium versions) .
- Lite version: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpforms-lite/
- Premium versions: https://wpforms.com/pricing/
Note: To find out more about how to install a plugin, please read the managing plugins article on the WordPress.org website.
2. On the right sidebar of your WordPress dashboard, select WPForms and then click on Create Your Form.
3. Name your form, then hover your mouse over the Blank Form box and then click on Create a Blank Form:
4. A form builder screen will appear that lets you add different elements to your form. Here, to create a simple subscription form, drag and drop the Single Line Text into the form area on the right side of the screen and change the name as desired. Then, do the same for the Email element:
5. To map any fields to Growmatik, first select each field inside the form area to reveal Field Options on the left sidebar. Then, choose an option from the drop-down list:
6. The following Growmatik fields can be included in forms:
- User Email
- Full Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Billing Address
- Phone number
- Custom attributes
Choose Full Name from the list. Map Email field to User Email as well.
Note: If you don’t map User Email, no contact will be created in Growmatik.
7. Click on the Save button:
8. Insert a WPForms block on your WordPress page and select the form you created from the drop-down list:
Note: To learn more about how to insert a form block, read the Adding a new block article on the WordPress website.
Filtering submitted form data in Growmatik
To view submitted form data, you have to use the filtering feature available in the People section of the Growmatik app:
1. Select the People section on the right sidebar and click on the + Add Filter:
2. From the opened drop-down list, select the Subscription category:
3. Choose the Form option:
4. Select the form that you created using WPForms (here we’ve labeled it “Growmatik-WPForms”), then click Done:
Note: If you change a form name in WPForms and a user submits the new form, then the new form name will be available via Subscription > Form in Growmatik.
5. Now you can see the results:
Note: If a user submits the form with the same email address, the user’s contact details will be updated on Growmatik. Also, new users are added as leads in Growmatik.
Creating user segments for submitted form data
1. After you have successfully filtered your submitted form data in People section (see the previous step), click on the Save segment:
2. A modal will appear. Type a name for your segment in the box and click Save new segment:
Automating segments for WPForms users
You can create automation for a new segment immediately after creating it. You can also do it later. To do so, click on Automate Segment:
Read on about Segment condition to learn more how to automate a segment.