- How to register and integrate your website with Growmatik
- Getting started with Growmatik
- Account page
- Site settings
- Automation Condition - Source
- Automation Condition - Location
- Automation Condition - Device
- Automation Condition - Page Visit
- Automation Condition - User Behavior
- Automation Condition - Date
- Automation Condition - Segment
- Automation Condition - All Users
- Automation Actions - Send Email
- Automation Actions - Show Page
- Automation Actions - Show a Popup
- Automation Actions - Personalize
- Customer Journey
- Email builder
- Popup builder
- Website Personalizer
- How to migrate from Odise to Growmatik
- Integration Troubleshooting
- Integration - WP Fusion
- White labeling emails
- Builders - Dynamic Keywords
- Configuring caching plugins
The People feature in Growmatik allows you to create custom segments by grouping people together using different filters. You can then use the saved segments as conditions to target the people inside that segment group with different automation actions. In this article, you’ll learn about:
- Default segments
- Creating custom segments
- Grouping filters
- Available filters
- Deleting custom segments
- Automating a segment
- Importing users
- Exporting users
To open the People page, click on its icon from the left sidebar.
The initial view shows the default segment of All Leads.
On the left side of the page, the default and your custom created segments are listed.
On the right side of the page, the upper area displays the filters that are used for the selected segment along with the + Add Filter, Automate Segment and Save Segment buttons.
The lower area displays the results based on the selected filters.
There are some predefined segments that let you quickly peek at different groups of users and also get an idea of how filters can be applied to create different segments. You can click on any of the default segments to explore them.
Creating custom segments:
By using different filters, you can create your own custom segments.
- Select a user type and add/modify the filters. You can add as many filters as you wish.
- Click on the Save Segment button.
Note: You cannot save a segment if a filter’s value is empty.
Note: The Save Segment button only appears when you apply changes to a selected segment. This means that when you initially select a default or custom segment, the Save Segment button is hidden.
It is possible to group multiple filters and use the and/or logic between them. There are two types of groups:
- Inner groups.
- Outer groups.
Note: Changing the and/or in the outer group logic applies the change between all outer groups.
Note: Changing the and/or in an inner group logic applies the change for all the inner group and/or has no effect for other inner groups.
Example: The image below demonstrates the people who are from Brazil and either their First Name or their Last Name is Smith.
There are different filters organized in different categories. As mentioned above, after clicking on the + Add Filter button, you can either search for a filter or explore the categories. Also, each filter has different options.
The available filters in different categories are:
- User personal details
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- UTM Source
- UTM Medium
- UTM Campaign
- UTM Content
- UTM Term
- Site Activity
- Total Visits
- First Visit Date
- Last Visit Date
- Number of Viewed Pages
- Average Time Spent per Session
- Used Device
- Used browser
- Signup date
- Number of opened emails
- Number of clicked emails
- Number of unopened emails
- Number of unclicked emails
- Number of campaigns sent
- Shopping Activity
- Number of purchased items
- Number of orders
- Total order value
- Top purchased item
- First purchase date
- Last purchase date
- Has abandoned cart
- Number of orders with coupons
- Custom Attributes
Deleting custom segments:
To delete your custom segments, click on the icon, then the icon and confirm the deletion.
Note: It is not possible to delete the default segments and the segments that are associated with an automation rule. For the latter one, you need to delete the rule first, then delete your custom created segment.
Automating a segment:
To automate a segment:
- Click on the Automate Segment button. If you haven’t already saved the segment, you need to save it first.
- The automation page appears with your selected segment set as the condition.
- Set an action. Learn more about automation rules and different actions.
- Click on the Create Rule button to create and activate the rule.
The Add New People button allows you to import the users from other platforms through a CSV file. To import users follow the procedure below:
- Click on the Add New People button.
- Click on the Start Importing button.
- Select a CSV file that has your contacts in it. You can also drag the CSV file in the mentioned area. Once the file got uploaded, click on the Next button.
- On the next dialog you can map different columns of the CSV file to the correct attributes. You may see suggested mapped attributes and you can certainly change them if they are not correct.
- If an attribute is not among Growmatik’s pre-existing attributes, you can create a new one. It is also possible to select to not import a column.
- Click Next and wait for the import process to complete. Note that you can also associate the imported contacts with a custom tag in this dialog.
- Once the import process finished, you can see the report. Click on the Done button to close the window.
- You will see your contacts. The default attributes and custom attributes can be selected from the filters.
Note: The selected CSV file should have a column that lists the emails of your users; otherwise the import procedure doesn’t work.
Note: If you had previously imported some contacts and intend to update their information, you can import your new CSV file and check the update option. The rest of the process is similar to the initial import process.
The Export button allows you to export and download the list of the users that you are seeing on the page to a CSV file.